Because we are all about making it easy for you….
Our team are set up onsite and working remotely if you need our help.
Below is a handy list with links to the current business support available – some existing and some just announced. We can assist you with these if you need.
We will keep you updated on any developments as we receive updates. Please ensure you follow us on Facebook for up to date information, too.
WAGE SUBSIDIES AVAILABLE
There are currently 3 different Subsidy Schemes available – Wage Subsidy August 2021 #5, Short-Term Absence Payment and Leave Support Scheme. Note these are all linked to employees so you can only apply for one of these at a time per employee.
Wage Subsidy August 2021 #5
The Government has approved a fifth round of wage subsidy known as “Wage Subsidy August 2021 #5”. The Criteria remains the same and you can apply even if you have received the earlier wage subsidies, as long as two weeks has passed between each application. Further information can be found at Covid19.govt.nz – Wage Subsidy Scheme.
Short-Term Absence Payment
Businesses, including self-employed people, and their workers need to meet certain criteria to apply for the COVID-19 Short-Term Absence Payment.
Businesses can apply for the Short-Term Absence Payment if they’ve been advised that their worker, or a self-employed person, is:
- staying home while waiting for a COVID-19 test result, in accordance with public health guidance, or are
- the parent or caregiver of a dependant who is staying home while waiting for their COVID-19 test results, in accordance with public health guidance, and the dependant needs support to do so safely, or are
- a household member or secondary contact (as described in public health guidance) of someone who is a close contact of a person with COVID-19, and the worker has been advised to stay at home while waiting for the close contact’s test results
Leave Support Scheme
If your employees have been asked to self-isolate and they cannot work from home, you can apply for the COVID-19 Leave Support Scheme for them. This means they can continue to get paid while they are self-isolating. Employees on a casual contract are also eligible for the payment.
You can also use the payment to help pay for employees who:
- need to stay home and look after a dependent child who needs support to self-isolate
- are at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19, and a doctor or health professional has told them to self-isolate while there is a risk of community transmission
The Leave Support Scheme is paid at a flat rate of:
- $585.80 a week for full-time workers who were working 20 hours or more a week
- $350 a week for part-time workers who were working less than 20 hours a week
Employers and employees need to meet certain criteria to apply for the Leave Support Scheme.
OTHER SUPPORT AVAILABLE
Resurgence Support Payment
A 3rd payment under the RSP scheme is available to eligible businesses and organisations which experience a 30% decline in revenue due to the increased alert levels, for the period starting 1st October 2021 and ending immediately before all areas of New Zealand return to alert Level 1. Applications for this payment opened on 8th October. Note if you have not applied for the 1st and 2nd support payments, you may still be able to do so if you met the criteria on those applicable weeks (starting from 17th August 2021).
The Small Business Cashflow Scheme
The Small Business Cashflow Scheme was introduced to support small to medium businesses and organisations struggling with a loss of actual revenue due to COVID-19. Applications are open until 31st December 2023.
OTHER HANDY LINKS
Paying Staff reimbursements & allowances while at home
Information for employers about reimbursing or paying allowances to employees while they are working from home.
Has information for how businesses can operate while under the different levels in COVID-19 including:
- operating at Alert Levels
- working from home
- contact tracing
- employment and work visas
- leases and tenancies
Kia kaha, stay safe
From the Team at Graham Brown & Co