Please join us for a community event sponsored by the South Waikato Investment Fund Trust.
A BIO-ECONOMY FUTURE – New Zealand’s Natural Advantage
GUEST SPEAKER – WARREN PARKER
Warren is currently Chair of the Forestry Ministerial Advisory Group and Pamu (Landcorp Farming Ltd) and is a Director of Farmlands Co-op, Quayside Holdings Limited and PF2050 Ltd. He was the former CEO of Scion (NZ Forest Research Institute) and is a member of the Institute of Directors (NZ), the NZ Institute of Primary Industry Management and the New Zealand Society of Animal Production. He now resides on a lifestyle block near Rotorua.
- Overview of the Zero Carbon Bill, ETS and Essential Freshwater Framework
- Consumers/market trends
- Measuring your business footprint and ‘performance gap’
- Exemplars showing what can be done while retaining/improving profitability
- Developing a multi-year plan to meet targets
- Positioning businesses further mitigation and adaption to climate change
With change, comes opportunity. This seminar is a must-attend for anyone who operates in or relies on the rural economy.
Refreshments will be available afterwards and families are welcome.
1.30pm – 2.30pm
(plus question time)
Wednesday 30th October 2019
The Plaza Theatre,
50 Kensington Street, Putaruru